Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday: FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN! (a slight homage to Rebecca Black)

The biggest reason I haven't blogged recently is that this weekend was my birthday!  It's hard to believe that we are already half way through April!

I had a wonderful birthday weekend thanks to the benefits of ones birthday falling on a Saturday.  I had dinner with two other couples (our besties) at the fabulous Maggiano's and stuffed ourselves with Italian food.  Then we headed to M and M's where we ate the incredible SQUIRREL cake Mar Made!  Saturday we took it easy and I got some new running shoes...oh and best of all Jon got me a Kindle for my birthday!  On Sunday, Mar surprised Lyss and I by taking us to CUPCAKE CAMP!  We tried lots of samples of lots of different cupcakes from lots of different bakeries around the area!  Afterwards we wandered to the Arboretum and saw the amazing Cherry Blossoms in bloom!

But enough about my birthday.  One of the best things that happened this weekend was that we took a look at where our finances are and it turns out that we are in a good place.  It looks like we will easily have a good amount of money saved by the end of July/August (which is when we are planning on getting our pre-approval)! We are so excited to see that our savings is finally amounting to something... WE NEED OUT OF OUR APARTMENT!!!!  Ok I suppose that was a little dramatic but these close quarters are really starting to get to us and since we got married 8 months ago it seems like we are stuck in limbo.  It's difficult to create a life together when living in an apartment seems so temporary.  So here's hoping that we can make it through the next 8 months (or hopefully less) and then we can get on the right track...setting up our life together in our own HOME!

 

1 comment:

  1. That is part of life together...setting up for life together. Sounds like you two are right on track.

    ReplyDelete